No products in the cart.
A traditional wholesome Diwali dessert perfect for sharing with friends.
- 2 cups Besan
- ⅔ cup ghee
- ½ tsp elachi seeds
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Dry roast the besan for 12 minutes on a medium until there is a nutty aroma in a pan.
- Add the ghee and cook for further 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and let it slightly cook.
- Place elachi seeds into a mortar and pestle and grind to a fine powder.
- Add powdered sugar and cardamom powder and stir together very well.
- Roll the mixture into small balls and serve.
- 1 Cup = 240ml
- Start roasting the besan on a medium heat. Do not overheat the pan to a hot temperature as this can ruin the besan.
- Not roasting the besan long enough will make the ladoo smell raw. Keep roasting the besan until a butty smell starts, and the colour becomes golden.
- Elachi is also known as Cardamom. You can use Cardamom Powder instead if you have on-hand, but double to quantity specified.